We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our audience and clients. Please see below for our policy setting out how we treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
1. Via Google Analytics, we collect data about your computer and your use of the website. This may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and purchases through our site.
2. Information that you provide to us in order to subscribe to our newsletters, enter the competition, interact with us, request any of our services and attendance to our events. This includes via email, messaging services, social media, phone and in person.
3. Any other information that you choose to send to us.
4. Please note we do not request information like date of birth, passport number, credit card details, etc., for our usual activities. If we are refunding you or paying you for services or products, then we may request your bank details in order to transact.
5. We may use publicly available information to amend our records.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
1. Send you our newsletter which includes news about the competition, our services, events and articles that may be relevant to you
2. Contact you specifically for reasons that are specific to you, including opportunities that are relevant to you, addressing enquiries and complaints that you raise
3. Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested or are part of signing up to enter the competition
We don't sell to or share your data with 3rd parties without your consent.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with our Terms & Conditions.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
1. If we are required to do so by law, or in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
2. In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
3. To potential purchasers of any business or asset that we are considering for sale
4. To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide directly to us on password-protected computers, devices, the cloud and software.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet or other transmission methods.
You may ask us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to all of the following:
1. Request by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and allowing 14 days for us to acknowledge and reply with instructions
2. Payment of a fee of £12.50 (via bank transfer or card transaction via PayPal)
3. Two appropriate documents proving your identity, one of which is an official identification document with photo id (e.g. copies of passport or driving licence), and also one which shows evidence of address (e.g. bank statement or utility bill).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
3rd party websites
We use 3rd parties for payment processing, storing data and processing data. We store some data on the cloud securely. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites, and we specify some of them below:
A cookie is a piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser, which includes some data on your activity. We use session cookies for this.
You have the option to disable cookies (this is in your browser Settings) and this won’t affect or prejudice you in anything you do with us.
Email us at email@example.com to let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be amended.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on our websites is Conrad Carvalho, Director, Oaktree & Tiger Ltd and Art Prize Ltd.